there are some things that i refuse to change about myself because they're "typical loucke." i want to see friends years from now and be familiar.

so last night at work, I gave my two weeks notice.
the beginning of the end.
I'd be lying if I didn't say my heart sank when I hung up from that phone call.

I've been so excited about moving and being somewhere else
that I didn't even begin to think about how much I'd miss Ruston...
not until last night.
There are so many places to revisit before I leave,
so many people to hang out with.
I finally understand what made Rachel so upset the night I left town.
who wants to spend their last night in Ruston doing something they never do?
it's supposed to be spent reminiscing in those places where so many memories were made
with your best friends that made your college years the best you've ever had.
Ruston has changed so much already, tearing down and rebuilding lots of old hang outs.
I refuse to let all those memories waste away like the buildings that entertained them.

I'm glad Matt and Rachel are coming to visit the week I get out of school.
it's going to make doing so many of those things possible.
to live out the last perfect week in Ruston, minus a few key friends.  : (
it's the week we should've had when everyone else graduated.

Baton Rouge is still a good move, I think.
my mom found out yesterday that she got on Bobby Jindal's Hospice Board after applying on a whim,
which means that along with the fact that she's incredible,
she'll be in BR on the reg.

I'm 75% sure I have an apartment...now all I need is a job.
after 1 1/2 months of searching and applying, it still hasn't proven fruitful.
but I know that God will provide,
so I'm letting Him guide that decision process.

as for now, I'm praying for one last good month...
one before the end turns into an exciting new beginning.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

let's get arrested doing something absolutely ludicrous.
i'm 100% in.

Katie said...

Suggestion for you and Magic Prather:
Matt and I got pulled over on Trenton one Tuesday night around 9 pm for playing "Take It To Da House" too loud. Resulted in a misdemeanor.